Friday 24 August 2007

Debt collection agencies now threatening

All has been quiet up until now. There is one particular debt collection agency who have bought the debt of citi financial and are refusing the payment agreement. They have been on the phone using bully-boy tactics saying they are going to get a charge on the property and eventually make us sell.

I don't think they can do that unless they take us to court and onlyif we default on the payments then they can put a charge on the house. Also I am sure they should not be phoning us up and threatening us this way. They are quite aggressive on the phone. I am going to look into this.

Another debt agency who has bought the debt off one of our other creditors keep phoning up and asking personal information ie how did we get into this debt, what are our dates of birth, how long have we lived in the house and other such questions, when I said I was not prepared to answer these questions over the phone (after all they could be some person trying to steal my identity) they got very stroppy and said they would not send be a letter but would put on my file that I refused to answer questions.

Looks like the quiet time is over and the phone calls are starting again. Just when my nerves were beginning to settle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Anonymous said...

Hi
This should help. I'm on a DMP with Payplan and was hasselled by credit card companies and collection agncies, even threatening to phone me at work. I did take their calls and stated clearly they were harrassing me as they knew I was on a DMP and couldn't pay more. I put this to them in writing (recorded post) and they haven't hasselled me since. These links should help-

http://www.ukfinancialoptions.co.uk/harassment-debt.htm

http://www.penaltychargesforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19151

Remember, there are several laws which protect your rights, debt isn't a crime so don't feel guilty, fight back, and you'll come through it ok.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.